This chart is a visual tool that facilitates patient and health profession discussion about what to do about excess weight. In addition to explaining the "why" of weight gain, it provides tangible and unintimidating next steps, improving patient compliance and adherence to a weight reduction program. This visual chart addresses topics such as:
- Energy balance determines body weight
- Factors that affect energy balance: energy intake (calories consumed) and energy expenditure (calories burned)
- Details on a key factor in burning calories-metabolism-which accounts for approximately 60-75% of energy expenditure
- Key steps on how to lose excess weight, including goal setting, making small changes, and discussing other options with a physician if lifestyle changes are not sufficient
- Ways to improve diet and increase physical activity, such as recognizing eating behavior/patterns and looking for ways to be active throughout the day
Unmounted - Printed on high-quality heavy paper appropriate for framing. (Note: Unmounted charts cannot be displayed on the chart stands.)
Laminated - Printed on high-quality paper with flexible 1.5 mil plastic lamination. Metal eyelets in each top corner for convenient wall hanging or for use with chart stands. Lamination also makes the chart "markable" allowing write-on / wipe-off. Easily rolls up for portability. This is the most popular mounting.