This chart contains a large image of a normal heart for easy comparison with important cardiac conditions. It visually and textually describes heart murmurs, cardiac arrhythmias, congenital heart defects, acquired heart defects, and high cholesterol and its consequences. Specifically, Heart Conditions:
- Defines heart murmurs and their causes. Shows coarctation of the aorta, ventricular septal defect, and mitral valve prolapse.
- Describes common cardiac arrhythmias (abnormal heart rates and rhythms): tachycardia, bradycardia, atrial fibrillation, and ventricular arrhythmias. Shows the sit's of common cardiac arrhythmias by section of the heart: sinus node, ventricular, atrial and junctional arrhythmias, as well as atrioventricular (AV) blocks.
- Defines and shows the following common congenital (present at birth) defects: patent ductus arteriosus, atrial septal defect, and ventricular septal defect.
- Textually and visually shows acquired heart defects: myocarditis, rheumatic heart disease, cardiomyopathy, and Kawaski's disease.
- Describes high cholesterol, coronary heart disease (CAD), and hypertension (high blood pressure). Shows how cholesterol is transported in the blood, the structure of a typical lipoprotein (which carries the cholesterol throughout the body), and the consequence of high cholesterol: atherosclerosis, plaque clogged arteries.
Unmounted - Printed on high-quality heavy paper appropriate for framing. (Note: Unmounted charts cannot be displayed on the chart stands.)
Laminated - Printed on high-quality paper with flexible 1.5 mil plastic lamination. Metal eyelets in each top corner for convenient wall hanging or for use with chart stands. Lamination also makes the chart "markable" allowing write-on / wipe-off. Easily rolls up for portability. This is the most popular mounting.
Styrene Plastic: Has UV-resistant coating for color protection on durable, non-flexible, heavy-weight plastic. With "write-on, wipe-off surface" and convenient eyelets for hanging.