3M Littmann Stethoscope Care + Tips
Make the most of your Littmann stethoscope with professional tips
Make sure your Littmann always looks fresh and new
Create optimal performance by following this list
Master high and low frequency listening
Upgrade your auscultation with electronic stethoscopes
Routine cleaning is the best way to prolong the life of your stethoscope. We recommend Praveni products to keep your Littmann in top condition.
- Disinfect with a 70% isopropyl alcohol solution wipe
- Never submerse in liquid or sterilize
- Keep away from extreme heat, cold, solvents and oils
- Tunable diaphragms can be removed from a chestpiece and wiped with alcohol or soapy water, then dried thoroughly before reassembly
- Remove eartips from the eartubes for cleaning and make sure eartips are snapped firmly back onto the ribbed ends of eartubes for safety.
- Avoid folding tightly
- Help resistance to skin oils by wearing over a collar
- Praveni Cleaner
Keep your Littmann secure when it’s not in use with our allheart stethoscope case.
- Interior foam padding
- Stethoscope indent for protection
- Mesh pocket for spare parts
- Lightweight EVA material
- Scope Case
Make sure eartips point away from you (Figure A)
Pull the headset open for safe and easy insertion (Figure B)
All Littmann headsets are adjustable- squeeze eartubes for more tension, pull them apart for less tension
Littmann invented tunable technology so you could hear different sounds just by the amount of pressure applied to the chestpiece. No more unscrewing and changing diaphragms and bells, turning over, or repositioning the chestpiece.
- Light pressure
- Keep chestpiece suspended
- Firm pressure
- Diaphragm movement restricted
- Low frequency sounds blocked
Back To Top